Diabetic retinopathy is an after effect of diabetes where retina gets damaged leading to blindness. It is usually effected on patients who is having diabetes for 20 years or more. Diabetes occurs when pancreas does not secrete enough insulin (regulates sugar level in blood). People with diabetes have a higher risk of blindness. Diabetic Retinopathy can be treated depending on the stage of the disease. Amrit Hospital provides the best Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment in Chennai.
Causes: Increased level of sugar in blood, damaged blood vessels.
Diagnosis: Diabetic Retinopathy can be detected by undergoing the following tests
- Visual acuity testing: Measures ability to focus and view distant objects.
- Ophthalmoscopy: Used to view the back portion of eye, clouding of lens and changes in retina.
- Tonometry: Measures intraocular pressure i.e pressure inside eyes.
- Optical Coherence Tomography(OCT): Used to capture images of tissues inside the body.
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Loss of vision
- Double vision
- Presence of dark spots called floaters
In the early stages of diabetic retinopathy no symptoms are seen.
- Photocoagulation: Laser beam is applied on retina to correct the damaged blood vessels and to prevent further damage of blood vessels.
- Use of Anti VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) agents: This is a new method of treating diabetic retinopathy were these agents are injected into the eyes.
Early detection and proper treatment can cure diabetic retinopathy. Amrit Hospital is one of the world class eye care hospital in chennai providing effective and affordable treatment. The hospital contains a team of experienced and highly qualified doctors to provide selfless service to the patients.
E-mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org